By Eva Lepa
Many people ask me about my favorite worship songs or worship bands. So I thought I’d give you my all-time favorites! This list changes all the time, but for now, here are my favorites (in no particular order).
TOP 5 WORSHIP LEADERS/BANDS
1. HILLSONG - Hillsong has been able to evolve and change it’s sound and worship style throughout the years and still produce songs that change people’s lives and views of worship. From “Shout to the Lord” in 1993 to “God is Able” in 2010, they continue to lead the way for great worship songs.
2. JESUS CULTURE - No matter what mood I’m in, Jesus Culture’s songs lead me to Jesus and evoke a spirit of worship and prayer.
3. CHRIS TOMLIN - One of the greatest songwriters, hands down. I had the privilege of hearing Chris Tomlin share how he writes many of his songs, like “Our God” and “Holy is the Lord.” His humility and love for the Lord is apparent when he speaks and in every song he writes.
4. BROOKE FRASER - Maybe it’s because she’s a female worship leader or maybe it’s because I adore her voice, but Brooke Fraser is one of my favorite people to watch and hear lead worship. And she, too, is an incredible songwriter.
5. ISRAEL HOUGHTON - I like some good ol’ gospel music. I love the energy, the intricate music, and the passion behind each song. And the talent this guy has is ridiculous. If you can hear him live, DO IT!
TOP 6 (BECAUSE I CAN’T PICK JUST 5!) WORSHIP SONGS
1. “Resting” by Rita Springer -The moment I hear the song, no matter what is going on, I feel God’s presence and I worship.
2. “You’ll Come” by Hillsong - The bridge gets me every time – “Chains be broken. Lives be healed. Eyes be open. Christ is revealed.”
3. “Tear Down the Walls” by Hillsong United - One of my favorites because it’s all about salvation for the lost. The lyrics are powerful. Read the lyrics while you listen to the song. Unreal.
4. “How He Loves” by Jesus Culture - Every time I hear this song, I am reminded, almost as if it’s for the first time, of the love of God. And each time I am blown away.
5. “Healer” by Planetshakers - Every word of this song brings tears to my eyes. And each time we sing it at Life Church, I am convinced that God is healing someone in that room.
6. “Healing is in Your Hands” by Christy Nockels - This song changed my life. I can’t put it into words exactly, just that God did a miracle through this song in my life.
Like I said, the lists change from time to time, but right now, these are my favorites, and I think you might enjoy them too.
While we’re talking music, I can’t help sharing some cool songs and albums for you to check out. I’ve been impressed by each of these songs, and I love the artists.
I also love “Awaken the Dawn” by Keith and Kristyn Getty; it’s a great album and very different.
So there you have it! Hope you’ve discovered some new tunes that speak to your heart!