Summer Camps Your Kids will LOVE!
By Kevin Ganiere
Summer is the best time of year (Christmas is a close second). There is so much to do and the best place to be is outside enjoying the awesome weather. In LifeKids we have a ton of opportunities for your elementary student to have fun.
This summer, we’re offering our first ever Day Camp, July 9 – 13, 2012, for students going into grades K - 5. This week will be packed full of fun. Your kids can just hang with us in the morning for a vacation Bible school or spend the entire day with us as we venture out in the afternoons to some sweet spots.
Summer Camp, for students going into grades 3 - 6, is August 6-10, 2012. We’ll be going “up north” to a beautiful lake and a week full of new friends and time with God. There are still spots available for both camps and there is no better investment you can make in the lives of your kids this summer!
There’s just something about summer that says fun… maybe we should rename it Fummer or Funner. Anyway make sure if you have elementary students, you get them involved in one or both of these camps.
Register and find out more information about Summer Camps at Life Church by downloading this.
Top 5 Summer Activities at Life Church
1. Life Church Charity Golf Outing - Sunday, June 24, 2012 - This scramble format tournament is always a fun event! All proceeds benefit the Center for the Blind. Find info on our “events” page.
2. Dad Fest - June 16/17 - Join us as we celebrate Father’s Day. Every man, 18 years and older, will have the chance to win a $250 shopping spree to Cabela’s or Golfsmith.
3. 4th of July Parades in Germantown & Pewaukee - We need volunteers and bottled water to distribute. LOTS of bottled water!
4. Summer Camp. Faith is strengthened and great memories are made at camp! Download information packed for your student here.
5. 2nd Saturday in July - Our monthly service opportunity is always a great chance to reach out to our community and make it a better place. Email email@example.com for info.
4 Books for Your Summer Reading List
Looking for some summer reading guaranteed to move your heart and make you think? Here are the books Tammy Cole recommended at last week’s Heart & Soul Encounter:
1) Ms. Understood - Rebuilding the Feminine Equation, by Jen Hatmaker.
As described on Jen’s blog, “Women have been identified in many conflicting ways. Sometimes goddesses, slaves, or seductresses, but always misunderstood, by themselves and others. [Ms. Understood] uses examples from the five women named in Jesus’ lineage to help define a daughter of Christ, each has something to pass on. Courage, wisdom, and influence are the heritage of a woman.”
2) Compelled by Love, by Heidi Baker - Based on the beatitudes as seen through the eyes of third-world pastors and missionaries, this book chronicles the twenty-seven year ministry of Heidi and Rolland Baker in the war-torn country of Mozambique.
3) Kisses from Katie, by Katie Davis. A MUST READ if you even think you have a heart for mission work! Here’s an excerpt from the introduction: ““I have absolutely no desire to write a book about myself. This is a book about
a Christ who is alive today and not only knows but cares about every hair on my head. Yours too. I’m writing this book on the chance that a glimpse into the life of my family and me, full of my stupidity and God’s grace, will remind you of this living, loving Christ and what it means to serve Him. I’m writing with the hope that as you cry and laugh with my family you will be encouraged that God still uses flawed human beings to change the world. And if He can use me, He can use you.”
4) The Circle Maker, by Mark Batterson. A book guaranteed to impact your prayer life in a profound way. The Circle Maker uses the legend of Honi the Circle Maker - a man who prayed a seemingly impossible prayer and refused to budge until God answered it - to challenge you to draw circles around your own prayers. You can read a review of it on our blog here.